CityPlace Neighborhood Restaurants Announces Food & Fun(d) Campaign To Benefit Feeding South Florida
Area restaurants will donate a portion of sales from top-selling menu items in honor of Hunger Action Month this September
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla (August 23, 2018) – In recognition of Hunger Action Month, a nationwide initiative created by Feeding America during the month of September, eight CityPlace neighborhood restaurants announce their Food & Fun(d) Campaign to benefit Feeding South Florida.
As part of the campaign, which will run September 1-30, participating restaurants in CityPlace will donate $1 of sales from a top-selling menu item directly back to Feeding South Florida. The restaurant with the most donations will be presented the Restaurant Partner Award during Feeding South Florida’s Happy Harvest Annual Donor Recognition breakfast event in November.
“As the collective epicenter of the community’s vibrant culinary scene, CityPlace is proud to partner with our supportive restaurants in establishing the Food & Fun(d) campaign to benefit Feeding South Florida,” said Gopal Rajegowda, Senior VP of Related Companies. “We are committed to cultivating a stronger community and appreciate the collective dedication of our culinary partners who share in this mission.”
Participating restaurants and their respective Food & Fun(d) menu items include:
- City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill: Hummus— Warm Naan Bread, Za’atar Spice, Crudité ($12)
- Jamba Juice: Peachy Green Goodness Bowl- A blend of Peach Juice, Pumpkin Seeds, Kale,Mango, Peaches, Granola, Strawberries, Pineapple, Banana, Chia Seeds ($7.59)
- Revolutions: Mahi Sandwich— Grilled Mahi on a Brioche Bun with Lettuce, Tomato and TartarSauce ($13)
- Copper Blues Rock Pub and Kitchen: Grilled Cheese— Sharp White Cheddar, Provolone, Havarti,Sliced Tomato, Country White Bread ($9)
- Galley at Hilton West Palm Beach: Oven Baked Cookie—With Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream ($8)
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich—Pork shoulder slow smoked & pulled w/Brother Jimmy’s Carolina BBQ Sauce ($13.25)
- Mojito’s Latin Cuisine & Bar: Mojito Sampler – Ham & Cheese Croquettes, Empanadas of yourchoice, Mojito Wings, Bacon Wrapped Maduros, Masitas de Puerco topped with SautéedOnions, Crispy Plantain Strips, Assorted Dipping Sauces ($19)
- The Shack: Full of Life Salad— Arugula, Spinach, Roasted Chicken, Organic Quinoa, Craisins,Almonds, Cherry Tomato, Mint, Feta, Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice & Extra-Virgin Olive Oil ($9.25)
In South Florida, 706,370 individuals don’t know where they will receive their next meal. More than 240,000 of those individuals are children – this is 1 in 5 children who go to bed hungry – and over 110,000 are older adults.
“Feeding South Florida is thrilled to partner with CityPlace and its participating restaurants and grateful for the widespread support during Hunger Action Month,” said Sari Vatske, Executive Vice President of Feeding South Florida. “The idea is to let patrons know that when they eat, so does the rest of the community.”
To commemorate Hunger Action Month, CityPlace fountains will be lit orange throughout the month of September, and a special kick-off event to inaugurate the Food & Fun(d) campaign will take place on the square during TGIFamily at CityPlace on Friday, September 7 from 6-8 p.m. During the event, participating restaurants will be providing samples of their chosen menu items. Since May, CityPlace has been offering four hours of free parking for guests who bring a minimum of three donation items for Feeding South Florida.
About Related Companies
Founded more than 40 years ago, Related Companies is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, fund management, marketing and sales. In West Palm Beach, Related Companies developed the 72-acre CityPlace, CityPlace Office Tower, 400-room Hilton West Palm Beach directly connected to Palm Beach County Convention Center and RH West Palm: The Gallery at CityPlace. The company is currently undertaking the reimagination of downtown West Palm Beach and evolving into the Southeast’s leading district including best-in-class residential, hotel, culinary, entertainment, education, art, culture and retail. For more information on Related Companies, please visit related.com.
About Feeding South Florida Feeding South Florida® is a member of the Feeding America® network of food banks and the leading domestic hunger-relief organization serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. Our mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education. Feeding South Florida distributes more than 50 million pounds (42 million meals) of food each year, serving 706,130 individuals in need of food assistance – more than 240,000 of whom are children and nearly 120,000 are older adults. Feeding South Florida is the largest and most efficient food bank in each county it serves, providing for 25% of the state’s food insecure population, through a local network of nearly 300 nonprofit partner agencies and direct service programs. Visit www.feedingsouthflorida.org or call 954.518.1818.