District Fit Returns To West Palm Beach For Its Third Edition
From March 7-9, the city converts into a fitness mecca with a lineup of curated activities with partners such as Nicole Mejia, Zumba, Pound, Sean’s Dance Factory and Jennifer Martin among others
West Palm Beach, FL (January 31, 2019) – After two successful editions, District Fit is set to return this spring to Downtown West Palm Beach. The fitness festival, which attracted over 1,500 participants last year, will take place from March 7-9 at Hilton West Palm Beach and CityPlace in a continuous effort to promote a healthier lifestyle throughout the community. The three-day event focused on mindful movement and physical well-being will host a lineup of more than two dozen sweat-inducing workouts led by elite trainers, culinary events by local tastemakers, kid-friendly activities and live entertainment.
This year District Fit will be partnering with Hope Water, a South Florida-based charity that provides clean water resources for those in need around the world. While all classes are free and open to the public, participants will be encouraged to donate to the organization for each activity they attend with all proceeds going directly to Hope Water.
“Our vision for District Fit is to provide the community with a destination for helpful information about nutrition, fitness, and balance – everything they need to start living better and healthier,” says John Parkinson, General Manager of Hilton West Palm Beach. “This spring, we are looking forward to introducing a stronger nutritional component that will expose techniques for smarter decisions to implement daily. Through this bi-annual festival we are hoping to continue to instill a more health-conscious mindset throughout South Florida.”
With a stronger emphasis on nutrition, District Fit will serve up a variety of tasty experiences such as a kick-off vegan dinner party at Galley, a cooking demo by Top Chef finalist Lindsay Autry at The Regional, as well as health-conscious recipes from CityPlace district restaurants including Galley, The Regional, BurgerFi, City Cellar, The Shack and True Food Kitchen on District Fit’s website. To round out the wellness activations, master gardeners Mike Kane and Faye Pelosi, from Palm Beach Farmyards, will be showcasing ways plants can be used as natural medicine.
Other activations at District Fit will include a CBD talk, Aqua Zumba, a variety of yoga sessions, team-building activities, cardio training and kid-friendly workouts. Below is a sampling of the programming:
- Kick-Off Vegan Dinner Party hosted at Galley’s outdoor patio on Thursday, March 7th to launch the health-centered weekend with live music, specialty cocktails and a variety of interactive food stations with dedicated tastings. Individual tickets priced at $55 plus tax and gratuity.
- Get Fit & Thick workout led by Miami-based trainer and mega fitness influencer Nicole Mejia. Fit and Thick is a body positive movement that encourages women to accept and become the best version of themselves through health and fitness.
- Glow Yoga using LED headsets and live DJ music by famed instructor Jennifer Martin on the lawn at Hilton West Palm Beach, sponsored by Athleta.
- CBD Talk with Spine and Wellness Center of America Doctor, Dr. Michelle Weiner, to help better understand its benefits. During the discussion, guests will be treated to CBD fused beverages. A Yin Yoga class will follow lead by Shelly Saunier with the incorporation of CBD salve.
- Full Body Cardio Jam session by Pound inspired by the sweat-dripping and energizing fun of drumming in CityPlace Square.
- Yoga with Singing Crystal Bowlsinside Culture Lab surrounded by prominent art, sound installations and interactive hammocks made from recycled materials.
- Aqua Zumba class in the pool at Hilton West Palm Beach by local Fitness Hub instructor, Rachel Davidson.
- Cooking Demonstration by Top Chef finalist, Lindsay Autry at The Regional.
- Beach Break, in partnership with Loggerhead Marinelife Center and Turtle Tuesday, where local businesses and attendees will collect trash along Palm Beach, all while exercising and helping Florida’s wildlife. All participants will be rewarded with an afternoon pool day and healthy refreshments at Hilton West Palm Beach.
- Gardening & Herbal Infusion Workshop hosted by Master Gardeners Mike Kane and Faye Pelosi of Palm Beach Farmyards for an introduction to herbalism workshop focusing on ways to use plants as medicine and highlighting vegetation found in subtropical Florida. Attendees will be able to go home with one potted medicinal herb seedling to be used in the future.
- Family-friendly activities including kids’ yoga and a hip hop dance class taught by Sean’s Dance Factory with live music.
The full lineup of classes and experiences will be announced in the coming weeks.
For more details and photos of District Fit, visit https://www.districtfitwpb.com.
About Related Companies
Founded more than 40 years ago, Related Companies is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, fund management, marketing and sales. In West Palm Beach, Related Companies developed the 72-acre CityPlace, CityPlace Office Tower, 400- room Hilton West Palm Beach directly connected to Palm Beach County Convention Center and RH West Palm: The Gallery at CityPlace. The company is currently undertaking the reimagination of downtown West Palm Beach and evolving into the Southeast’s leading district including best-in-class residential, hotel, culinary, entertainment, education, art, culture and retail. For more information on Related Companies, please visit related.com.
About Hilton West Palm Beach
Hilton West Palm Beach is a flagship lifestyle hotel with a global mentality featuring 400 guest rooms and 43 suites. The boutique-like property features an array of world-class amenities including four dining outlets, an oversized pool deck lined with cushioned cabanas and a curated art program that embodies the artistic energy of South Florida. The art-filled oasis features lawn games, scavenger hunts and outdoor yoga classes. Guests also have access to a state- of-the-art fitness center with Peloton bikes and specialty classes, floatation menu featuring inflatable pool floats, oversized chessboard, outdoor fire pit and more.