Related Companies Expands Community Commitment With Partnership Support To More Palm Beach County Organizations Than Ever Before
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla (June 11, 2018) – Related Companies has expanded its community outreach program this summer donating more than $25,000 across five local nonprofit organizations that support the enrichment of the arts, education, wellness and safety for local children and families.
“We are proud to support nonprofits that share in our commitment to enhancing arts, culture, education and community engagement,” said Gopal Rajegowda, senior vice president of Related Companies. “Together, we can cultivate a stronger community.”
In addition to renewing its partnership with the West Palm Beach Police Athletic League summer program, Related Companies’ community outreach has expanded to include the following new summer 2018 partnerships:
- Related will help fund the relaunch of the Artist Showcase at the Historic Jenkins House, which provides underserved children with encouragement, education and life enrichment through exposure to arts and culture.
- Related will partner with Inner City Innovators, an organization committed to breaking the perpetual cycle of youth delinquency and gun violence in the inner city corridors of West Palm Beach through programs such as its Community Engagement Walk, Anti-Violence Workshop, Hope Dealer Mentoring program and Youth-Violence Response Team. Inner City Innovators will be the beneficiary of the CityPlace sponsored Pose for a Purpose yoga event in July.
- Related has recently partnered with Quantum House, a caring and supportive home for families with children who are receiving treatment for serious medical conditions in Palm Beach County, to promote the health and well-being of local residents. The partnership offers Quantum House families the opportunity to spend a day enjoying the Hilton West Palm Beach pool, amenities, and food and beverage offerings while staying at the Quantum House. In addition, the children’s playhouse, decorated by artist Frankie Cihi in partnership with the City of West Palm Beach’s SIP program, will be donated to the Quantum House.
- Related is hosting a food drive for Feeding South Florida, a domestic hunger-relief organization providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education. Through the end of September, CityPlace visitors who donate three non-perishable food items at Guest Services will receive a free parking voucher valid for four complimentary hours of parking in one of CityPlace’s garages.
- The Culture Lab is opening its doors to Kickstartist, a non-profit created by students attending the Dreyfoos School of the Arts. From June 21 to July 1, during the hours of 12-6pm every Thursday-Sunday, visitors will have the opportunity to purchase art which will help fund the organization developed to assist young artists in their bourgeoning art careers, and also help fund the Dreyfoos School of the Arts.
“The generous support from Related Companies will allow The Artists Showcase to bring talented multicultural artists in our community together to enhance the culture of our underserved neighborhoods,” said Dr. Catherine Lowe, Showcase founder and president. “Partnerships like these are critical to the overall health of a community, and we’re grateful to Related Companies for embracing these local organizations that need additional support.”
For more information about Related Companies and its philanthropic efforts in Palm Beach County, please visit CityPlace.com/Community.
About Related Companies
Founded more than 40 years ago, Related Companies is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, fund management, marketing, and sales. In West Palm Beach, Related Companies developed the 72-acre CityPlace, CityPlace Office Tower, 400-room Hilton West Palm Beach directly connected to Palm Beach County Convention Center and RH West Palm: The Gallery at CityPlace. The company is currently undertaking the reimagination of downtown West Palm Beach and evolving into the Southeast’s leading district including best-in-class residential, hotel, culinary, entertainment, education, art, culture, and retail. For more information on Related Companies, please visit related.com.