Are you tired of going to the movies every weekend? Do you want something new and different? CityPlace in West Palm Beach has the answer! We host exciting art, cultural, and musical events each month that give you the chance to learn, experience, and have fun. Check out the events comings up for this month, below.
Weekend Live Music
Live music can help you relax and unwind from a stressful week which is just one reason why we feature live music every weekend on the CityPlace square. Each weekend, on Friday and Saturday night, we highlight different musicians from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Check out the different music you can enjoy this month below.
- 2/1: TGIFamily: Gypsy Lane – Classic Top 40s
- 2/2: Khemistry – Top 40s
- 2/8: Jam Band – Top 40s
- 2/9: Fiesta de Amor – Tairon Aguilera with DJ YASS
- 2/15: Clement and the One Tribe Band – Reggae
- 2/16: On the Roxx – Rock / Pop
- 2/22: Asian Cultural Festival
- 2/23: Asian Cultural Festival
Be sure to stop by the CityPlace square to enjoy live music every weekend in February!
Asian Cultural Festival
If you are interested in learning about and experiencing different aspects of Asian Culture, you can attend the Asian Cultural Festival in West Palm Beach on Friday, February 22nd through Sunday, February 24th. This event will include a variety of different experiences such as dance performances, food, music, martial arts, a tea ceremony, and more. Learn about the scheduling of this event below.
Friday and Saturday, you can enjoy various music, and dance performances. Set a reminder in your calendar for one, several, or all of these upcoming presentations.
- 5:00-6:00 PM (dance performances)
- 6:00-6:30 PM (music)
- 6:30-7:30 PM (dance performances)
- 7:30-8:00 PM (music)
- 8:00-9:00 PM (dance performances)
On Sunday, February 24th starting at noon, you have the opportunity to experience many different performances. Here is the schedule:
- Chinese Performing Arts Group of South Florida (30 minutes)
- YiChun Dance Team (30 minutes)
- JingLu Dance Team (30 minutes)
- Lily Dance Team (30 minutes)
- Miami Chinese Choir (30 minutes)
- Ballroom Dance Team (30 minutes)
- Martial Arts Demonstration (30 minutes)
- Joy Club Dance Team (30 minutes)
- Chinese Instrumental Group (30 minutes)
United Creations Entertainment and Sweet Ginger Asian Bistro are co-hosting the 2019 Asian Cultural Festival. Additionally, 123 Tea Trading and Angela Wang Florida Chinese Dance School are sponsoring this event.
Clearly, there are a lot of performances and experiences to attend during the Asian Cultural Festival. Don’t miss out on this fantastic event that is coming to CityPlace soon.
Arts and Culture Spring Social
The Satellite is the home of the 4th annual Arts & Culture Spring Social event, hosted by Women United. Join them for an evening of art, music, and drinks on February 21st from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. During this event, you will also get the chance to view the “Reimagine” exhibit that is being presented by the Cultural Council of Palm Beach.
Lecture Series at The Satellite
The Satellite is an art gallery and event space created by the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County. This space is home to different art exhibits, art events, and activities. Throughout the last couple of months, this space has been hosting the Art and Design Lecture Series. So far, the series has featured art panels moderated by Art Hive Magazine, art that celebrates the history and culture of Florida, and more, but the series is not over yet. There are two more lectures that you can attend coming up this month and next.
- February 22nd The Art of Space – This lecture will feature two award-winning designers, Debra Yates and Benjamin Burle explaining their design style, and sharing images of their different rooms.
- March 14th Elvis in Palm Beach – In March, Bruce Helander, a world-renowned collage artist will finish off the Art and Design Lecture Series.
Don’t miss out on either of these two lectures coming up as part of the Art and Design Lecture Series at The Satellite.
As you can see, there are a lot of art, cultural, and musical events to enjoy this month. Check out the CityPlace website to learn more about these events and many more.