Community News and Events
is a part of West Palm Beach, and we believe in giving back to our community. That is why we host and celebrate different community events that focus on specific charities and nonprofit organizations that work to make the community a better place. Two of these events going on right now are the Food & Fun(d) campaign and the Music for the Mind concert series. Read about these events below, and learn about how you can give back to the community.
Food & Fun(d) Campaign
The Food & Fun(d) campaign is a way for CityPlace and specific restaurants to take a step toward ending hunger in our area during Hunger Action Month. Specific restaurants will be donating $1 from one top-selling menu items to Feeding South Florida throughout the entire month of September.
What is Feeding South Florida? is a nonprofit organization that dedicates themselves to ending hunger in South Florida. They do this by providing access to nutritious food as well as providing programs and education to those who need it. Feeding South Florida delivers 44 million pounds of food every year throughout South Florida, and 98% of donations made to Feeding South Florida go right back into the community. If you want to help this fabulous charity during Hunger Action Month, you can participate in the Food & Fun(d) campaign, you can donate directly to Feeding South Florida, or you can volunteer with this organization. Any of these options are great ways to give back to your community.
If you want to participate in the Food & Fun(d) campaign, you can visit participating restaurants to purchase their top-selling menu items. Not only will you get a delicious meal but you will be supporting a wonderful charity event. Check out the participating restaurants below, and the menu items that will result in a donation:
- : Hummus — Warm Naan Bread, Za’atar Spice, Crudité
- Jamba Juice: Peachy Green Goodness Bowl – A blend of Peach Juice, Pumpkin Seeds, Kale, Mango, Peaches, Granola, Strawberries, Pineapple, Banana, Chia Seeds
- Revolutions: Mahi Sandwich — Grilled Mahi on a Brioche Bun with Lettuce, Tomato and Tartar Sauce
- Copper Blues Rock Pub and Kitchen: Grilled Cheese — Sharp White Cheddar, Provolone, Havarti, Sliced Tomato, Country White Bread
- Galley at Hilton West Palm Beach: Oven Baked Cookie — With Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich — Pork shoulder slow smoked & pulled w/Brother Jimmy’s Carolina BBQ Sauce
- Mojito’s Latin Cuisine & Bar: Mojito Sampler – Ham & Cheese Croquettes, Empanadas of your choice, Mojito Wings, Bacon Wrapped Maduros, Masitas de Puerco topped with Sautéed Onions, Crispy Plantain Strips, Assorted Dipping Sauces
- The Shack: Full of Life Salad— Arugula, Spinach, Roasted Chicken, Organic Quinoa, Craisins, Almonds, Cherry Tomato, Mint, Feta, Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice & Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Music for the Mind Concert Series
If you are interested in music and the impact it can make, you will want to check out the Music for the Mind concert series. Hosted by the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation, this concert series features musical groups and artists from Palm Beach and Martin County on the third Tuesday of every month at 7 pm in the Harriet Theater. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students, and all proceeds benefit the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation.
What is the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation? This foundation is a nonprofit organization that is committed to bringing music to children and seniors. The organizes musical performances where young musicians can perform for hospitalized children and seniors. This foundation also provides scholarships to children who cannot afford music lessons, and they donate pianos to children’s charities. The Music for the Mind concert series is an opportunity for you to hear some incredible music and give back to the arts.
As you can see, there are always different things going on in the West Palm Beach neighborhood. CityPlace offers you events to participate in and different ways to give back to your community. Learn more about CityPlace community events .