Community Support with Food & Fun(d)
CityPlace prides itself on being part of the Downtown West Palm Beach that hosts several community-focused events each month. One of these events is the Food & Fun(d) campaign that is going on this September. The Food and Fun(d) campaign will provide an opportunity for Palm Beach residents and visitors to have fun and give back to the West Palm Beach community at the same time.
What is Food & Fun(d)?
Food & Fun(d) is a campaign which will benefit Feeding South Florida—one of the region’s most active charities. Several restaurants will be participating, and these restaurants will donate $1 of sales from a top-selling menu item to Feeding South Florida. Food & Fun(d) will run during the entire month of September. This campaign helps Palm Beach residents and visitors partner with local restaurants to give back to the community in recognition of Hunger Action Month.
CityPlace’s own Gopal Rajegowda recently said, “As the collective epicenter of the community’s vibrant culinary scene, CityPlace is proud to partner with our supportive restaurants in establishing the Food & Fun(d) campaign to benefit Feeding South Florida. We are committed to cultivating a stronger community and appreciate the collective dedication of our culinary partners who share in this mission.”
What Restaurants are Participating in Food & Fun(d)?
Participating restaurants will donate $1 of sales from the following featured menu items including:
- City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill: Hummus — Warm Naan Bread, Za’atar Spice, Crudité
- Jamba Juice: Peachy Green Goodness Bowl – A blend of Peach Juice, Pumpkin Seeds, Kale, Mango, Peaches, Granola, Strawberries, Pineapple, Banana, Chia Seeds
- Revolutions: Mahi Sandwich — Grilled Mahi on a Brioche Bun with Lettuce, Tomato and Tartar Sauce
- Copper Blues Rock Pub and Kitchen: Grilled Cheese — Sharp White Cheddar, Provolone, Havarti, Sliced Tomato, Country White Bread
- Galley at Hilton West Palm Beach: Oven Baked Cookie — With Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich — Pork shoulder slow smoked & pulled w/Brother Jimmy’s Carolina BBQ Sauce
- Mojito’s Latin Cuisine & Bar: Mojito Sampler – Ham & Cheese Croquettes, Empanadas of your choice, Mojito Wings, Bacon Wrapped Maduros, Masitas de Puerco topped with Sautéed Onions, Crispy Plantain Strips, Assorted Dipping Sauces
- The Shack: Full of Life Salad— Arugula, Spinach, Roasted Chicken, Organic Quinoa, Craisins, Almonds, Cherry Tomato, Mint, Feta, Fresh-Squeezed Lemon Juice & Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
For September, you can order one of the menu items discussed above, and the restaurant will donate $1 to Feeding South Florida. September is Hunger Action Month, and you can help those in need by buying delicious, local cuisine. You can also bring canned goods to guest services for donation to Feeding South Florida. In return, CityPlace will provide four hours of free parking.
When you have the means, it is great to be able to give back to those less fortunate than you. The Food & Fun(d) campaign is a great way for you to give back during Hunger Action Month. Eat some delicious food for a great cause in September, and you can give back to Feeding South Florida.
What is Feeding South Florida?
is a non-profit hunger relief organization. Their mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing access to nutritious food and transforming lives through programming and education. Feeding South Florida has more than 400 non-profit partner agencies, and Feeding South Florida distributes 44 million pounds of food annually throughout several South Florida counties. There are over 700,000 food insecure individuals in South Florida, and Feeding South Florida is working to decrease that number.
Why should you get involved with Feeding South Florida?
When you donate to Feeding South Florida, you know that your community is benefiting from it. This is because 98% of all donations are put right back into the community. There are a few different ways that you could get involved in Feeding South Florida if you want to give back. First off, you could donate funds; for every $10 that is donated, Feeding South Florida provides 62 meals. If you would rather contribute in another way, you can also donate food directly. Some of the most needed food items for Feeding South Florida include peanut butter, cereal, pasta, rice, beans, canned vegetables, canned meals, canned soups, and canned fruit. You can also volunteer and attend different events to help Feeding South Florida. During the month of September, participating in Food & Fun(d) will directly benefit the South Florida community, and it is a good way to start getting involved.
Giving back to the community is a great way to get involved in your local area. If you want to be proud of the West Palm Beach community, you can take the opportunity to help make a difference. Visit CityPlace and participate in the throughout the month of September and begin giving back to the Downtown West Palm Beach community today.