Father’s Day Activities and Promotions
Father’s Day comes around every year in June. Are you ready to celebrate Father’s Day? Rosemary Square has some fantastic ideas for celebrating Father’s Day this year, check out the history of this special day as well as deals and promotions going on below.
History of Father’s Day
Father’s Day is something we celebrate every year; however, this day wasn’t always a holiday. Unlike Mother’s Day, which became an official holiday in 1914, Father’s Day was not recognized until 1972.
Originally, Father’s Day did not have as much sentimental appeal as Mother’s Day. That all began to change when Sonora Smart Dodd who was the child of a widower, campaigned to have a holiday for male parents. She helped get the first statewide Father’s Day celebration going in Washington state in 1910. Slowly, other states started celebrating fathers, and President Calvin Coolidge even urged state governments across the country to observe Father’s Day in 1924, but it was not until 1972 that it became a nationwide holiday. Both of these holidays are now a celebration of parents and all that they do. How are you going to celebrate Father’s Day this year?
Celebrate Father’s Day in West Palm Beach
Plan to spend Father’s Day with your dad in downtown West Palm Beach and take advantage of many great promotions from multiple restaurants and businesses. There are discounts on shopping, food, and more at Rosemary Square for Father’s Day, including those listed below:
- City Cellar – Bring your dad to City Cellar for a great Father’s Day where he gets a free beer with his meal on June 16th from 11 am to 10 pm. City Cellar’s new executive chef, Rolando Anoceto, is preparing some delicious dishes for you and your dad to go along with their great beer options.
- Il Bellagio – Give your dad the gift of delicious Italian food at Il Bellagio. On June 16th, Il Bellagio is providing an excellent option for Father’s Day dinner with 50% off all entrees for dads.
- Cabo Flats – Cabo Flats has two options for Father’s Day. First, from 11 am to 3 pm all dads get a free brunch item. Then, come back for dinner and enjoy a mouth-watering entrée for 50% off.
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ – Brother Jimmy’s BBQ is also celebrating dads in June. To celebrate Father’s Day, Brother Jimmy’s is giving a free pint of beer to all dads accompanied by their child. The fathers even get to keep the glass that their beer comes in. Share a drink with your dad this Father’s Day at Brother Jimmy’s BBQ.
- Capital One – The Capital One Café is celebrating Father’s Day with Pops for Pops. They will have complimentary gelato pops from 1 pm to 3 pm on June 16th to help you celebrate this great holiday with your dad.
- SEE – From June 13th to June 16th, get a Father’s Day card from SEE with $100 off for your dad. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to give your dad the gift of unique style. Click here to learn more about SEE and how you can help your dad save.
Father’s Day is a great time to show your dad how much you appreciate him by taking him out to a tasty meal at one of the many restaurants in downtown West Palm Beach that are running Father’s Day specials. Also, check out other events happening in downtown West Palm Beach, on the Rosemary Square website today.