How to Eat Healthier with Options like True Food Kitchen
Sometimes eating healthy and eating out seem like opposites, but they don’t have to be. Below, we have compiled a list of tips for eating healthier while eating out. Also, stay with us to learn all about True Food Kitchen, an entire restaurant based on the idea that food can make you feel good.
Tips for Eating Healthier When Eating Out
Going out to eat can and should be fun. For many people, going out to eat is a treat, but that doesn’t mean that you should fill up on junk. Eating out can still be a healthy option when you make the right choices. Check out these tips for eating healthier when you eat out.
- Choose Your Restaurant Wisely – First, be conscious of your choice of restaurant. Many restaurants these days are becoming more focused on providing healthy food options, so if you are going out to eat, look for one of these places. For example, True Food Kitchen focuses on creating delicious meals that are also nutritious.
- Drink Water Before Your Meal – This tip will help you not overeat. When you drink water before your meal, you are more likely to feel full faster.
- Look at How the Food is Cooked – When you are checking out the menu at the restaurant, look at how the food is prepared. Look for specific words like “steamed” or “fried” to give you more information about how healthy the dish is. Typically, a steamed dish is likely to be healthier than a fried option.
- Ask for Guidance – Don’t be afraid to ask others for help on finding healthy choices. Ask your server at the restaurant or even a health-conscious friend about which options on the menu might be best for you.
- Don’t Overeat – Restaurant portions can be quite large. Don’t feel that you have to eat everything on your plate if it is too much food. Instead, think about saving half or more of your meal and getting a to-go box for it. This will help you feel better in the moment, but it also gives you something to look forward to later.
Hopefully, these tips are helpful and have given you something to think about when you are looking to eat healthier when you are dining out. Also, remember that True Food Kitchen is on its way to West Palm Beach. This restaurant is an excellent option that provides healthy dining options that still taste great. Learn more about this below.
The True Food Kitchen Philosophy
The philosophy of True Food Kitchen is that food should make you feel good, not bad. Dr. Andrew Weil, a renowned physician, founded True Food Kitchen with the idea that food can be both healthy and tasty. He worked with chefs and restauranteurs to create a place where people can go out to eat and still get a nutritious meal. Learn more about some of the menu options below.
Healthy Menu Options at True Food Kitchen
Another part of True Food Kitchen’s philosophy that is super important to them is the use of local and seasonal ingredients. That means the menu items can change based on the season as well as the location of the restaurant. However, you can check out a few of the menu items that True Food Kitchen has featured now and, in the past, below.
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad – persian cucumber, olive, peppadew, organic cherry tomato, pole bean, feta, almond, oregano vinaigrette
- Chicken Sausage Pizza – crushed organic DiNapoli tomato, roasted fennel, smoked gouda
- Korean Noodle Bowl – sweet potato glass noodle, pickled shiitake, organic spinach, heirloom carrot, bean sprout, toasted sesame
- L.T. – smoked tempeh, butter lettuce, organic tomato, avocado, vegan mayonnaise, seeded grain bread
- Grilled Fish Tacos – Mauritius Island redfish, tomatillo avocado salsa, pickled jicama slaw, dried sweet corn, coconut lime crema, anasazi bean
As you can see, there are menu options to satisfy your cravings and provide you with healthy dining options at the same time. True Food Kitchen also has options for people with a wide range of dietary needs. Learn more about this and when True Food Kitchen is coming to West Palm Beach here.