Everyone has different events and activities they enjoy which is why at CityPlace in West Palm Beach, we host a variety of events and activities to hopefully have something for everyone. Whether you are looking for an art activity, live music, dance performances, wellness activities, or something else entirely, you can find it at CityPlace. Keep reading to see what is happening in February below.
You can experience free live music on the CityPlace square every Friday and Saturday night this month as part of the February Live Music Series. Check out the scheduled performances below:
- 2/1: TGIFamily: Gypsy Lane – Classic Top 40s
- 2/2: Khemistry – Top 40s
- 2/8: Jam Band – Top 40s
- 2/9: Fiesta de Amor – Tairon Aguilera with DJ YASS
- 2/15: Clement and the One Tribe Band – Reggae
- 2/16: On the Roxx – Rock / Pop
- 2/22: Asian Cultural Festival
- 2/23: Asian Cultural Festival
Be sure to put these dates on your calendar, so you don’t miss your chance to hear incredible live music from these amazing performers.
Arts and Cultural Activities
If music isn’t your thing and you’re more into culture and art-driven events, we have just the thing for you. CityPlace is hosting several opportunities to immerse yourself in another culture or learn about art from the artists themselves during the month of February. Check out a few of the events that will be happening below.
- Jewish Film Festival – The Jewish Film Festival is taking place over the course of several dates in February. During this festival, you can view films that document Jewish culture and history, and even though this event began in January with the showing of the film Papa, there are still plenty of other great film options coming your way soon. On February 11th, you can see screenings of Henri Dauman: Looking Up and Stockholm. Then, on February 12th, you can watch Above the Drowning Sea and Redemption.
- Lecture Series at The Satellite – The Satellite is a pop-up art gallery and event space that was put together by the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County. This gallery is currently hosting the Art & Design Lecture Series. This lecture series has featured different artists and art panels since November, but it is not over yet. On February 22nd, you can attend a lecture called The Art of Space featuring designers Debra Yates and Benjamin Burle who will share pictures of their outdoor designs and information about their design philosophy.
- Asian Cultural Festival – Another event happening this month is the Asian Cultural Festival. This event is taking place February 22nd through the 24th and is a celebration of the many different aspects of the Asian culture including dance, music, martial arts, food, performances, and more. You can watch dance performances by the Chinese Performing Arts Group of South Florida, the YiChun Dance Team, the JingLu Dance Team, the Lily Dance Team, the Ballroom Dance Team, the Joy Club Dance Team, and more. Don’t miss out on all these great performances.
These are just a few of the art and cultural activities that you can experience at CityPlace in February. Be on the lookout for other events like the ones listed above.
Downton Abbey: The Exhibition
First Downton Abbey was a popular television series, now it is an exhibit, and soon it will be a movie. Downton Abbey: The Exhibition is a traveling exhibit that has found a temporary home in downtown West Palm Beach. This exhibition features sets and costumes from the TV series as well as historical information and more. If you were a fan of the TV show, this exhibit is a must see. However, before you run down to take in everything Downton Abbey, check out our list of things to know below:
- Downton Abbey: The Exhibition is currently located at 575 South Rosemary Avenue, but will be moving to a new location soon.
- This exhibit has timed entry, meaning that when you buy your tickets, they will be for a specific time slot. You must arrive on time to enter the exhibit during your assigned time slot. This allows everyone a chance to see the exhibit without overcrowding.
- You can get general admission or VIP tickets for this exhibit. VIP tickets allow you to enter at any time during the day you buy your tickets for, and give you a complimentary audio
- This exhibit is open from 10 am to 7 pm, but the last ticket is sold at 6 pm to ensure you have enough time to see everything before it closes.
- People with tickets to the Downton Abbey exhibit get parking validation for up to 2 hours when they park in one of the public parking garages at CityPlace.
While these are not all the events and activities happening in CityPlace in February, they are a great place to start. If you would like to learn more about other events and activities, you can visit the CityPlace website.